The two-day exam begins on Thursday, and 1,84,368 candidates, including more than 1,800 neighboring countries, will take the exam, which is conducted by the Karnataka Examination Authority at 497 centers across the state
A departmental bank headed by Justice Aravind Kumar rejected the temporary stay order requested in a number of PILs and found that the constitutional rights and interest of around 1.8 lakh students who downloaded their hall cards were not overlooked can be.
The court has instructed the authorities to provide transportation and other logistical assistance to students and their accompanying parents wherever necessary, including those who are in security zones.
The authorities were also instructed not to deny Covid-positive students the opportunity simply because they did not provide a medical certificate from their doctors.
On Tuesday, the court ordered the state government to reconsider the decision to hold the trial against the background of an increasing number of Covid-positive cases.
However, on Wednesday the state government replied that all necessary arrangements had been made, including housing 40 odd Covid-positive students.
It also relied on the successful completion of the SSLC exam in the last week of June.
The petitioners before the court had requested that the trial be postponed as more and more cases of Covid were positive.
They also cited the example of the NEET and JEE exams, which were postponed until September.
During the hearing, the government court asked a number of questions and found that it was not satisfied with the standard procedure adopted on July 18.
“What is the injury the government will suffer if the trial is postponed for a month and whether the government will suffer financial losses? Asked the bank.
However, the government’s additional advocate general, Dhyan Chinnappa, informed the court that after consultation with deputy commissioners and the police, a judicial decision to rethink the matter resulted in a political decision to conduct the investigation.
“All arrangements were made. 1,84,368 candidates downloaded hall tickets. 8100 rooms in 497 centers were prepared.40 Covid-positive students also take the exam and special arrangements have been made for them, ”said AAG told the court.
He added that these students and their parents, who come from outside of Karnataka, are treated as business travelers and exempt from quarantine standards for 96 hours.
Regarding students reporting in security zones, he said the police had received instructions that allowed them and their accompanying parents to show the hall cards.
Earlier, senior lawyer AS Ponnanna, who appeared on behalf of some of the petitioners, believed that taking exams as the number of covids increased across the state, including the city of Bengaluru, affected the interest and constitutional rights of young students .
He added that NEET and JEE exams have already been postponed to September.
The court was also informed that even the entrance exam conducted by Comed-K and PGCET was postponed.