We are all constantly surrounded by technology, which is reflected in the large number of laptops, computers, and devices we see around us. Areas such as artificial intelligence, Internet of Things, robotics and cloud computing that could determine our future lives also show that this trend will continue. A common thread across all of these areas is the coding, or programs that make computers work.
Coding in India
While coding has grown in India, it has so far been limited to adults and professionals. Although the coding has generated enthusiasm among children and parents, there is still a lack of institutional support at the school level.
Also Read: HT Codeathon: 10 Reasons You Should Know How To Code
HT Codeathon is a novel initiative to promote coding among students. The goal is to provide the next generation with a robust platform to improve their coding, logic and problem solving skills.
This exciting learning forum and competition is an opportunity for school children to prepare for a technology-based future.
Attending the event is really easy. All you have to do is pay Rs 499 plus GST and register with www.htcodeathon.com.
Also read: HT Codeathon: Breaking the Code for Success in Our Tech-Driven World
What does HT Codeathon think of students?
• It is a unique coding initiative aimed at students providing a platform for them to demonstrate their skills
• Improves critical, problem solving, logical, and analytical skills
• Improves computational thinking and makes it sustainable
• Attractive prizes and rewards include HT Codeathon Championships for the top three positions in each category, laptops and smartwatches. Certificates of attendance will also be issued to all participants.
• Event to be extensively advertised on HT’s print, digital and radio platforms.
Also Read: HT Codeathon: What Is Coding? Here’s what you should know
Here’s what you would learn:
Grades 6 and 7
• Introduction to website development
• Programming basics
• Basics of Hyper Text Markup Language (HTML)
• Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
• HTML + CSS
• HTML + CSS + JS projects
Grades 8 and 9
• Programming basics
• Introduction to Python game development
• Introduction to object-oriented programming (OOP)
• Introduction to Python
• Basic Python programming
• After registration, participants can access online preparatory modules
• Online qualifying round in November
• December finals to identify the top 3 in each zone for each cohort
How to register; Book a webinar and submit questions
• To register now, log in to www.htcodeathon.com
• To organize a special LIVE webinar for participants in your school, register at the following link: https://forms.gle/qwWT8m3wXSAhCwMh9 and select your preferred time slot.
• To answer questions or get assistance, please contact us at 011-60004242 or email email@example.com
More than 3,700 students from 618 schools have already registered for HT Codeathon and are seriously preparing to give their best in this exciting competition. If you too want to mark your coding, the best way to get started is to register with HT Codeathon.
Eligibility to participate
The event is open to students in grades 6 to 9
Voices from the ground
In this evolving world of science, everything comes from the minds of creative people. Learning to code makes it easier to build this skill, which will eventually be used to solve real-world problems. Innovative thinking and solutions help students take their first step in a world where everything is increasingly computer controlled. Starting early is the only way forward. This is a great initiative from HT. I wish the organizers and participants every success!
Mamta Nanda, Headmaster, Ryan International School, Rohini
HT Codeathon is futuristic and innovative. The experience will encourage kids to learn coding skills early on in order to achieve a better tomorrow.
Ashok Pandey, Director of the Ahlcon Group of Schools
HT Codeathon teaches students coding skills that open up opportunities in the classroom and beyond. Computers are everywhere and our daily lives are intertwined with them. Participation in this event helps students broaden their horizons, sharpen abstract and logical thinking. Learning code also helps them think in a structured way.
Anjali Bhandari, Teacher, Maxfort School, Dwarka
HT Codeathon is a beneficial platform for students. Every student deserves the chance to explore, advance, and be successful in computer science. You can even start programs that use visual learning environments and instructions from the age of 5. It will help students improve creative thinking and coding.
Shalini Sharma, TGT (Computer Science), Seth Anand Ram Jaipuria School, Ghaziabad
Coding improves children’s problem solving and collaboration skills, and helps them be creative. HT Codeathon makes coding easier and teaches kids what young minds are up to in a fun way.
Rati Gupta, whose son Advik is a student at the Montfort School, Ashok Vihar
HT Codeathon will help us Millennials prepare for a high tech driven world. It will provide the much-needed skills in reasoning and coding.
Shourya Goyal, Grade 7-B, St. Xavier’s High School, Gurugram