🔥 Fact Check: Muslim candidates in UPSC get more than 3 years of relaxation in the age limit? This claim was dismissed in the investigation Will Muslim candidates in the UPSC exam get 3 years more relaxation in the age limit? This claim was rejected in the investigation
- Hindi news
- No fake news
- Fact check: Muslim candidates in UPSC get more than 3 years relaxation in the age limit? This claim was rejected in the investigation
What’s going viral? : One on social media Embassy Goes viral. It is alleged that Muslim candidates in the IAS exam conducted by UPSC receive many additional discounts compared to Hindu candidates.
It is claimed that the age limit for Hindu candidates on the exam is 32 years. At the same time, it’s 35 years for Muslim candidates. Muslim candidates are given 9 chances in UPSC. While Hindu candidate only got 6 chances. Opportunity means a fixed limit on how many times a candidate can appear on the UPSC exam. This is commonly referred to as trials. A screenshot of the Sudarshan News program also goes viral with the news. this program Youtube Also available There is a lot more too.
And what is the truth?
- We started the investigation with the claim about the age limit. That’s why we officially made UPSC 2020 notification Checked. The notification contains detailed information on the age limit and age relaxation.
- According to the notice, candidates aged 21 to 32 can apply for the UPSC IAS exam. SC / ST candidates receive 5 years, OBC candidates 3 years. Candidates who are already engaged in the defense sector receive a relaxation of 3 or 5 years according to different rules. The communication does not mention any easing of the age limit for Muslim candidates.
- In the next phase of the investigation, we examined claims of a higher likelihood of getting Muslim candidates at UPSC. We also received the response in the notification.
- According to the communication, there are 6 chances for candidates in the general category. At the same time, OBC candidates receive 9 chances. The attempts for SC / ST candidates are unlimited. No exemption was granted in the notice to Muslim candidates on various occasions. As claimed in the viral message.
- Most obviously, the claim that Muslim candidates receive an additional exemption from the UPSC exam on social media is fabricated. Muslim students get as many opportunities on the exam as students from any other community.