UPSC Exam Overview
- 1 UPSC Geologist Exam Notification
- 1.1 UPSC Geo Scientist Exam Notification Vacancy Details
- 1.2 Brief details for UPSC Geologist Exam
- 1.3 UPSC Combined Geologist and Geo-Scientist Exam – Eligibility Criteria
- 1.4 UPSC Geologist and Geo-Scientist Notification 2017
UPSC Geologist Exam notification released in January 2017. So, interested candidates can check the official notification for Union Public Service Commission geologist Jobs 2017 in the following sections of this page. Aspirants can check the eligibility details and apply before the last date for UPSC Geo-scientist recruitment.
UPSC Geologist Exam Notification
Union Public Service Commission is giving opportunities every year for those candidates who want to start their career as a Geologist and Geo-Scientist. Good news for all the candidates willing to do a job in Central Government. So, all the candidates grab this opportunity. Recently, UPSC has released a notification on its website for the Geologist and Geo-Scientist examination. Therefore, job seekers should apply for the UPSC Combined Geologist and Geo-Scientist exam through online mode only. So all the male and female residents of India can apply for the UPSC Geologist Recruitment 2017 on or before the last date.
The starting date to apply online for Union Public service Commission entrance exam is 08-02-2017. The last date for submission of UPSC online application form for UPSC Exam is 03-03-2017. There will be some standards for organizing the UPSC Geologist Exam 2017. So, all the aspirants who are waiting for the Union public service Commission Geo-Scientist Recruitment Exam can apply before the last date. Therefore, all the interested candidates check the eligibility criteria before applying for the UPSC Geo-chemist exam. Therefore, for any other information related to UPSC Geologist Exams such as eligibility, exam dates, and the application form should refer below details.
UPSC Geo Scientist Exam Notification Vacancy Details
|S.No||Name of the Post||No.of Posts|
|4.||Junior Hydro Geologist (Scientist-B)||02|
Brief details for UPSC Geologist Exam
|Name of the Organization||Union Public Service Commission|
|Name of the Exam||Combined Geologist and Geo-Scientist Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Last Date to Apply||03-03-2017|
UPSC Combined Geologist and Geo-Scientist Exam – Eligibility Criteria
Therefore, all the candidates must possess the below eligibility criteria for UPSC Geo-Scientist Jobs.
- Geologists: Masters Degree In Geology/Geological Exam/Applied Geology or equivalent from recognized board or university.
- Geophysicists: M.Sc in Physics/Applied Physics/Geophysics.
- GeoChemist: M.Sc in Chemistry/Applied Chemistry/Analytical Chemistry.
- Junior Hydro-Geologists: Masters Degree in Geology/Applied Geology/Marine Geology.
- Geological Survey of India (Geophysicist, Geologist, Geochemist): The age should be in between 21-32 years.
- Central Ground Water Board (Junior Hydro Geologist): The age should be in between 21-35 years for UPSC Geologist Exam.
Age relaxation would be applicable as per government rules.
UPSC Geologist and Geo-Scientist Notification 2017
So, all the interested candidates should remember all this information.
|Starting Date to Apply online for UPSC Geologist Exam||08-02-2017|
|Last Date to Apply online for UPSC Geo-Scientist Exam||03-03-2017|
|Date of Examination||12-05-2017|
All the successfully registered candidates have to attend for the UPSC Geophysicist and Geochemist Exam. Therefore, candidates have to undergo all the rounds. Candidates disqualified in any one of the rounds will not be selected for further rounds.
- Written Examination
- Personal Interview
- General category candidates required to pay the application fee of Rs 200/-.
- No application fee for SC/ST/PH and Female candidates.
You can pay the application fee in any branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India/ State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur, etc.
How to Apply for UPSC Geologist Recruitment Exam 2017?
- First of all, go to the official website of the UPSC i.e. www.upsconline.nic.in
- On the home page search for UPSC Combined Geologist and Geo-Scientist Exam 2017 link.
- Then, Click on the proper link and read the notification details carefully.
- Fill the details in the application form correctly.
- Attach all required certificates and pay the application fee.
- Then, recheck and submit the application.
- Finally, take a print out of the copy for future use.